Bias and likelihood

Thomas Buckley Thomas.Buckley at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Jun 2 18:27:50 EST 1999

If you are concerned with a lack of stationarity in the data, you could try
analysing the data under the LogDet substitution model with an appropriate
proportion of invariable sites removed.  The LogDet model is not constrained by
the assumption of reversibility, so should be resistant to any shifts in the
substitution process over the tree.  Although it will still be susceptable to
changes in the distribution of sites free to vary.

Hope this helps,

Thomas