PhyloMask and LINUX

Brian_D Lanoil lanoilb at
Tue Mar 2 13:48:51 EST 1999

Hello, all.  I was just wondering whether anyone has either a source
version or a LINUX compiled version of the program PhyloMask that they
would be willing to let me have.  The only versions I can find on the web
are already Sun/Solaris compiled, and so don't work for my LINUX system.

BTW, PhyloMask is a program that will build a mask that excludes all
positions in an alignment that contain gaps.  While I could do this myself
by hand, I know that on long sequences I'll make errors and it is also a
lot faster to do it with this program.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please respond by e-mail, I don't check the newsgroups very regularly.

Brian Lanoil

Brian D. Lanoil, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Scholar
4800 Oak Grove Dr., Mail Stop 183-301