BLAST tutorials/literature

James McInerney james.o.mcinerney at may.ie
Thu Nov 25 10:56:02 EST 1999

Dear all,

I am looking for BLAST (preferably gapped-LAST and PSI-BLAST) tutorials
or teaching resources or detailed reviews.  I have taught these
algorithms to some undergraduate students, but the discussion of the
primary literature proved to be somewhat difficult.  If anybody knows of
a review or (preferably) a web resource that provides a thorough
overview, then it would be gratefully appreciated.  I know that I could
do this myself, but unfortunately I have to teach the joys of mendelian
inheritance to first years and I'm time-limited.

James

--
             Dr. James O. McInerney,
Dept. Biology,                       Dept. Zoology,
email james.o.mcinerney at may.ie       j.mcinerney at nhm.ac.uk
http://www.may.ie/academic/biology/jmbioinformatics.shtml
---