Update: New tree manipulation program.

Andrew Rambaut andrew.rambaut at zoology.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 14:41:59 EST 2000

> I would like to announce the first, highly preliminary, alpha version
> of my new tree manipulation package. TreeEdit is an application for
> organising, viewing and manipulating sets of phylogenetic trees. It is
> intended as a tool for preparing sets of trees for use in phylogenetics
> packages such as PAUP.
>
> Runs on Macintosh (PowerMacs) under MacOS 8.5 or above (actually
> only tested on 8.5 and above may work on previous systems).
>
> <http://evolve.zoo.ox.ac.uk/TreeEdit/TreeEdit.html>

I have updated the program with to fix a small bug. I wouldn't
normally post for such a small change but my web site says that
over 100 people have downloaded the program and only 5 have emailed
me to say so. If you don't email then you won't be notified of
bug fixes or updates. Obviously you may just want to try it out
before emailing but I would prefer it to be the other way round.
If you don't want me to send you mail in reply, just say so.

Thanks,
Andrew
---