Critics of molecular systematics?

Ludvig Mörtberg sbe15640 at NOSPAMpost.netlink.se
Sun Jan 9 20:45:10 EST 2000

Few people are critical of the methods and results of molecular
systematics. However exeptions do exist. One that I know of is Prof.
J. W. Waegele who has published the following:

Wägele J. W., Stanjek G. (1995): Arthropod phylogeny inferred from
partial 12SrRNA revisited: monophyly of the Tracheata depends on
sequence alignment. J Zool Syst Evol Research 33: 75-80.

Wägele J. W., Wetzel R. (1994): Nucleic acid sequence data are not per
se reliable for inference of phylogenies. J Nat Hist 28: 749-761.

Now what I want to know is if there is anyone else that is critical
and has dared to publish on it? Names and published works, please.

BTW, is anyone on the group critical?

Ludvig Mörtberg

Lund, Sweden

E-mail: sbe15640 at NOSPAMpost.netlink.se

Anti-spam in effect. Figure it out.

<ANAGRAM>
göm trevlig brud
trevlig öm brugd