measuring distances by amino acid composition

James McInerney james.o.mcinerney at may.ie
Mon Jan 10 11:47:52 EST 2000

Thorsten,

One of the programs in the molphy package calculates amino acid distance matrices.
There is a reference ot it on Joe Felsenstein's webpage:

http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/

I can send you a macintosh version of my program GCUA that will do this,
although it needs fasta-formatted protein-coding DNA sequences as input
(it converts to proteins and then calculates a distance matrix).

James

--
             Dr. James O. McInerney,
Dept. Biology,                       Dept. Zoology,
email james.o.mcinerney at may.ie       j.mcinerney at nhm.ac.uk
http://www.may.ie/academic/biology/jmbioinformatics.shtml
---