Evolution Simulator

Manfred Knorr mknorr at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 11 18:33:32 EST 2001

Does anyone know of a program that will simulate a living organism from very
early in earth's history that will interact and evolve with it's
environment? I don't mean something like a bunch of smiley faces on a
computer screen. Rather a simple single celled animal that , given enough
program run time will evolve into a multi celled organism and perhaps
further, developing a mouth, light sensing organs etc.

Of course it would need to be sped up somewhat from real time. I don't want
to sit in front of my computer for a billion years just to see my life form
become 2 celled.

Thanks for any help provided.

---