[Molecular-evolution] Theory On Certain Functions Of Nervous System

Faustino Núñez Hernández via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by faustnh from gmail.com)
Wed Apr 18 11:35:39 EST 2007

Hi , I'd like to contribute the following consideration :

1º Genes want to adapt to new environments ( evolution ) .
2º Organs , subsystems and parts of the body are instruments that
serve the genes which developed them ; ( genes want the organs ,
subsystems and parts of the body for adapting to new environments or
environmental circumstances ) .
3º Sensory nervous system is a part or subsystem of the body ( in
animal kingdom ) .
4º So , sensory nervous system is an instrument that serve the genes ,
for evolving and adapting to new environments ; ( genes want - also -
sensory nerves for adapting to new environments ) .
5º The function of sensory nervous system is to provide the ability to
refer proper motive actions to external objects or information ; the
function of sensory nervous system is to detect external information .
6º So , it seems that , in some way , genes should use the sensory
nervous system to " get information " , or to " watch " or to " know "
the environment , and , this way , to evolve ( mutate ) in an adaptive
manner . Or it seems that this idea has a certain scientific
characteristic .
7º So , nervous system should be able to influence in some manner in
some of the mutations of genes , according to environmental
information .

If it happens , it probably occurs as any chemical conditioning in the
formation of reproductive cells , where nervous system can take part .
Maybe some specialized neurons can control the release of certain
chemical substances . But a neuro-chemical mechanism of this nature
has not been described yet , and I think it should be an amazing
discovery .

Examples :
 > External temperature determines the sex of eggs of crocodile .
 > Recently Courtney Miller and David Sweatt have proved the
importance of methylation of DNA for cerebral retention of memories .
 > An important example : the genetic internalization ( genetic
encoding ) of learning . It is specially visible in primitive animals
( conduct of bees for building the honeycomb ; conduct of many insects
for building their lairs ; conduct of certain birds or fishes in their
migrations ) . Could future human babies spontaneously develope innate
aptitudes or abilities for speaking or handling mathematical
operations ?