[Molecular-evolution] redundancy in BLAST

Georgiana May via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by gmay from umn.edu)
Fri Sep 7 11:22:48 EST 2007

I don't see any problem with doing both, using longest sequences and
running BLAST.  I see a problem in identifying orthologs in this way,
without any further analysis.  Sequence similarity alone does not
define orthology.

Georgiana May
EEB
UMn