[Molecular-evolution] RAPD Clades and Types

Ana Laura via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by alquimista.lauren.k from gmail.com)
Wed May 11 14:37:52 EST 2011

Hi there,

I'm starting in RAPD analysis and I've found that it doesn't seem to be any
agreement about the best way to measure divesity with this marker. Even
worst, if you have decided to use a clustering method or a similarity
coefficient, there is still the clade question. When a clade can be called a
type? I think it's important since you need to stablish the numbers of types
in order to calculate any diversity index. To me, it's cryptic how authors
have calculated their values.

Any opinion, correction, comment?

Thanks.