[Molecular-evolution] Distance course in network biology

Heather Vincent via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Sat Jul 7 11:49:55 EST 2012

The University of Manchester's distance learning course, 'Bioinformatics
for Systems Biology' will begin again in October 2012.

The course can be taken as a single unit, or the credits earned could
count towards the distance Masters in Digital Biology.

Bioinformatics for Systems Biology covers:

* the use of models in biology;
* structure and use of public pathway and interaction databases;
* reconstruction of biological networks from experimental data;
* network statistics;
* interpretation of experimental data in the network context;
* advanced topics.

The final section will prepare participants for our advanced course in
'Computational Systems Biology'

You will find links to details of all our online courses here :

If you have any questions about the distance programme in Digital
Biology, or to apply, please contact our office for Advanced
Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).