DNA-binding protein-modification enzyme fusion protein: is there such a thing?

Gilles VACHON vachon at bio.grenet.fr
Fri Aug 26 09:57:58 EST 1994

Hello all,

I am not sure to be on the right network to ask that question.

I would like to know if someone has ever tried to make a fusion protein
between a specific DNA-binding protein (say transcription factor that
recognize a target sequence) and a non specific endonulease (or other DNA
modification enzyme) for instance to see if one can get a "specific hybrid
nuclease" that would cut close to the target sequence recognized by the
specific DNA-binding protein....

Would be great...
Any helpful name/references/e-mail would be appreciated.

Please send a copy of your message directly to me as I am not a current
memeber on this net

Thanks.
Gilles Vachon
c/o Pr. MACHE
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Vegetale
CERMO, 3eme etage
Universite J. Fourier, BP 53X
38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX
FRANCE