Molecular Modelling Programs ?

Patricia Rodriguez-Tome tome at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 09:03:08 EST 1994

In article <38igqm$afd at hermes.uni-konstanz.de>, hal at sg3.chemie.uni-konstanz.de () writes:
In article <17059142CF.BISCHMA at nyx.uni-konstanz.de>, BISCHMA at nyx.uni-konstanz.de writes:
|> Hiho !
|>
|> Is there any FAQ or list about all (or at least many) different programs
|> for molecular modelling, which can be run on PCs (DOS/WIN) or on real
|> computers (alpha, SGI, SUN,...) ;-)  ? Doesn't matter, wether they are
|> PD or Shareware or have to be well payed (Insight,...).
|>
|> Please answer me by PM, thanks ! Any hints are welcome, even commercial ones !
|>
|> Greetings from germany,    tilman

Best would be: 1) name of the program
               2) from which software house ?
               3) for which system/computers ?
               4) price ?
               5) where to get it ?
               6) comments/hints !?

Why not try the BioCatalog ? For the last ~2 years, we have been collecting
a software directory of general interest in molecular biology and genetics,
 and distributing it on the Internet. I am sure you will find a lot of
information
there and because we cannot maintain this directory up-to-date without the help
of the community, we would very much welcome any corrections, comments or new
information : send it to patricia.rodriguez-tome at ebi.ac.uk

You can access the biocatalog at :
The text files are in the EBI ftp anonymous server :
URL is ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/bio_catal

A new version of the catalog will soon be available on the EBI Web server

Pat RT

Dr. Patricia Rodriguez-Tome		| Email:tome at ebi.ac.uk
EBI - European Bioinformatics Institute	| URL:	http://www.ebi.ac.uk
Hinxton Hall, Hinxton			| Tel:	+44 (0)223 494 414
Cambridge CB10 1RQ, UK			| Fax:	+44 (0)223 494 468