Would like opinion on Molec. Mod. Book

Normand J Cloutier cloutier at athena.mit.edu
Mon Apr 17 20:16:59 EST 1995

Recently, I received a advertisement from the American
Chemical Society for some of their publications.  The ad
for one of the books (which seems interesting to me) is given
below.  Since the book is not cheap, I would like to know
whether anyone has seen this book and has anything to say
about whether it is worth getting.  While on the topic of
molecular modelling books, are there any other texts which
offer an introductory overview of the field.  Any advice
would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Normand Cloutier
cloutier at mit.edu

The ad:

_Molecular Modeling:  From Virtual Tools to Real Problems_
Thomas F. Kumosinski and Michael N. Liebman, Editors
ACS Symposium Series No. 576, 522 pages (1994)  $119.95
Clothbound,  ISBN 0-8412-3042-0
- Provides comprehensive theoretical and experimental methods
- from molecular modeling of bioactive systems.  Includes a
- comprehensive review of the scope and utility of the past and
- present broad array of molecular modeling techniques.  Provides
- detailed experimental studies to be used in conjunction with
- molecular modeling to develop structure-function relationships.
- Examines the forces involved in protein structure and the
- interaction of these forces with cosolutes of biological and
- industrial interest.