Locating atoms from angles-Help!

Mr YC Yap eln118w at lindblat.cc.monash.edu.au
Sun Jun 4 21:51:41 EST 1995

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me with a problem.
I'm writing a protein folding program that uses
a simplified representation storing only the amino
acid sequence, C-alpha coordinates and the Phi and
Psi dihedral angles.

At the end of the program, I need to reconstruct
a detailed atomic model of the molecule. With the
dihedral angles, I know the relative orientation
of the backbone C, N and O atoms between one residue
and its neighbour. But how do I get  the starting
coordinates of the FIRST N atom? Once I get that,
I can work out the rest of the atoms.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alexander.