Doug Johnson dwj at lilly.com
Fri Mar 17 09:28:45 EST 1995

{{This was probably meant to be BOYD-LILLY CPK MODELS??}}

Giampaolo Minetti wrote:

>In our department we own an old set of Corey-Pauling Molecular Models that were
> sold by Lilly Research Laboratory in the late 1975 (as EALING PRECISION
> MOLECULAR MODELS, CPK SPACE FILLING MODELS). We now need spare parts but do
> not know whether these items are currently available, since the Italian
agency > of that Company doesn't exist anymore.
> If you can help me, please leave a message  (eg a fax number of Lilly Res Lab)
> Thanks in advance
> ciao
> Giampaolo Minetti
> Dipartimento di Biochimica
> Universita' di Pavia
> via Bassi 21
> fax: 39-382-507240

I checked with Dr. Donald Boyd, who has retired from Lilly Research and
now works at Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis.  Here
is his reply:

"Regarding someone wanting to buy CPK models of beta-lactam rings, etc., they
would have to contact Ealing Corporation in Natick, Massachusetts.  Eli Lilly &
Company never sold the models directly.  I have not heard anything about Ealing
in ages.  They may no longer be in business?"

Maybe someone else familiar with Ealing can take it from here.  Hope this
helps somewhat.
Douglas W. Johnson----Lilly Research Labs----Indianapolis, IN  46285