literature on protein folding models?

Andrew Foster andrewf at cs.mun.ca
Thu Nov 16 16:18:34 EST 1995

Hello.  After an absence of a few years, I am
continuing some research on the protein folding
problem.  That is, I am refining a mathematical model
to predict a globular protein's tertiary structure
from its primary sequence.

But I'm a little behind on the literature.
Can anyone point me to any recent (last 5 years) published
developments in the field?  Journal review articles would
be ideal.  To be more specific, I am mainly interested in
semi-empirical methods that try to exploit general
geometric characteristics of known folded proteins.
Some of these are known as distance geometry models.
I am not as interested in homologous modelling or
secondary structures.

         Thank you.
  Dr. Andy Foster                             e-mail: andrewf at math.mun.ca
  Dept of Mathematics and Statistics
  Memorial University of Newfoundland         Phone : (709) 737-8096
  St. John's, NFLD, Canada    A1C 5S7         Fax   : (709) 737-3010