literature on protein folding models?

David Bovee dbovee at phoebe.cair.du.edu
Sun Nov 19 00:43:19 EST 1995

In article <1995Nov16.211834.8566 at cs.mun.ca>, andrewf at cs.mun.ca> says...

>Hello.  After an absence of a few years, I am
>continuing some research on the protein folding
>problem.  That is, I am refining a mathematical model
>to predict a globular protein's tertiary structure
>from its primary sequence.
>
>But I'm a little behind on the literature.
>Can anyone point me to any recent (last 5 years) published
>developments in the field?  Journal review articles would
>be ideal.  To be more specific, I am mainly interested in
>semi-empirical methods that try to exploit general
>geometric characteristics of known folded proteins.
>Some of these are known as distance geometry models.
>I am not as interested in homologous modelling or
>secondary structures.
>
>         Thank you.
>--

	George Rose coauthored a paper earlier in 1995 on a computer model
called LINUS which predicts 3o structure from 1o.  The model exploits 3
fundamental assumptions, one of which is conserving correct sequences through
5,000 iterations.  I have yet to read the paper myself, but I intend to
shortly.  This sounds like it applies directly to your project..good luck

--
David Bovee
Dept. of Chemistry