help in 3D (reply)

BIE034 at news.salford.ac.uk BIE034 at news.salford.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 18:02:41 EST 1995

>I would like to create a 3D structure of molecules like HLA-G, HLA-E,
>HLA-TAP, HLA-DM.
>I know there is no previous X-ray crystals and I am wondering if there
>is any program able to do it.

Antonio,
	I think what you are looking for is homology modelling. You'd
need a pretty powerful computer to do this sort of work. However I
suggest the easy approach and connect to the swiss-prot database at:

	http://expasy.hcuge.ch/

There you should find a swiss-model option which will do the modelling
for you. The results will be sent to you via e-mail. I suugest you read
their information pages first and take the structure you recieve with a
pinch of salt. Snail-mail me if you need any more help

			Good luck
			Simon

BIE034 at news.salford.ac.uk