Ribosomal Proteins <-> rRNA. How much is known ?

Georg Fuellen fuellen at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 7 08:50:07 EST 1995

Hi there,
How much is known about the interaction between Ribosomal Proteins
and the ribosomal RNA ?  Have points of contact between specific nucleotides
and specific amino acids been identified ?  In other words, how much
detail does one know about the structure of the ribosome, beyond
the standard textbook picture displaying the spatial arrangement of
e.g. S1-S21, represented as spheres of different size ? [M.S.Capel et al,
1988, J.M.B. 200:65; Fig. 3-20 in Darnell, Lodish, Baltimore, Molecular Cell
Biology, 2nd Ed., p.99]

I eagerly await the education I'm about to get :)

(Follow-Up set to bionet.molbio.proteins (so I hope))

best wishes,
  georg
fuellen at dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE, fuellen at MIT.EDU
  http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/techfak/persons/fuellen/georgF.html