Best protein structure program

Martin Hilbers mph at
Fri Dec 20 08:08:22 EST 1996

Brett Phinney wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any general opinion on what is currently the
> best computer program available for determining the three dimensional
> structure of a protein from its primary sequence. I know there is really
> no way to do this besides getting a crystal structure, but is there one
> program that is better then the others?

Well, the CASP2 meeting, a competition of various prediction methods,
is supposed to have finished on December 16.
I suppose the results will be available on the WWW soon
(at ???)

abstracts of the first meeting in 1994 are still available on

| Martin Hilbers        |    E-mail: m.p.hilbers at       |
| SEQNET                |    Tel:    +44-1925-603492            |
| Daresbury Laboratory  |    Fax:    +44-1925-603100            |
| Cheshire WA4 4AD      | SEQNET is the UK national EMBNet node |
| United Kingdom        |  |