CHIME plugin PDB viewer in Netscape 3.0b5

Frank R. Gorga gorga at
Mon Jul 1 17:49:24 EST 1996

Jonathan B. Marder wrote:
> Hi,
>   Last week I was enjoying viewing and manipulating molecular structures
> in Netscape (3.0b4) using the Chime plugin PDB viewer. Yesterday I
> installed Netscape 3.0b5 (16-bit under WFWG 3.11) and now only get
> black-boxes i.e. the plugin fails to display the molecular images. Is
> this true for any other platform?  <SNIP>

I do not think that the problem is related to your upgrade. I had the
same problem this morning with a system that has not changed
recently. (I am still using NetScape 2.0)

There is, most probably, a problem with the Chime code... I suspect it
has something to do with the automatic expiration code they have added to
the betas.

Any way, I have reported the problem to MDL However, it can't hurt for
you to also report the problem also. Their address is:

-- Frank

P.S. If you have the time, and when Chime is working again, check out my
Chime demo titled "Isomers of Organic Compounds, An Introduction" at:

Frank R. Gorga, Ph.D.
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA 15282