Labeling Points on a 2-D graph

John Pawelek platt at
Thu Oct 3 12:42:25 EST 1996

>James Platt wrote:
>> In situations where more flexability is needed, such as putting
>> scientific notation on the axis of a graph, I use Deneba artWorks.
>> artWorks is a limited version of Canvas which sells for about $50
>> (see Simply copy the graphics from the
>> plotting software and paste into artWorks. Graphs pasted in from
>> above software can be ungrouped and edited easily.
>This is not very practical, and you could end up having problems
>with jagged lines if the graphs are ungrouped. It's better to have a
>single program that does it all.

	It works for me.  In fact, pasting to another program sometimes
improves the printout.  It does make a difference what program you are
pasting from and to, however.

>Try pro Fit 5.0 from cherwell scientific (e-mail:
csp.usa at,
>on the web at <>).
>pro Fit is also a drawing program and it creates its graphs as
>inside drawing windows where you can pretty much double-click and
>everything you see and also draw anything you like on top of your

	Thanks, I'll try it.  Cricket Graph and StatView also allow drawing
on top of the graph but they only allow limited editing of the graph

James Platt

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System