protein surface hydrophobicity

claude aflalo aflaloc at BGUMAIL.BGU.AC.IL
Tue Jul 7 00:55:37 EST 1998

Hello Michel,

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Michel Seigneuret wrote:

> Dear Collegues,
> I would like to use Grasp in order to display the local hydrophobicity
> on the molecular surface of a non-charged peptide. For this I would
> prefer to use atom-based rather than residue-based hydrophobicity
> values (e.g. as is apparently done for QSAR analysis of small
> molecules).Could somebody indicate me if such a method to calculate
> atom-based hydrophobicity parameters for proteins does exist, with
> reference to some publications or to an available program ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Michel
>
> Michel Seigneuret
> Universite Paris 6, Lab. de Physicochimie Biomoleculaire et Cellulaire
> 4, place Jussieu, 75252 Paris cedex 05, France

I suggest you have a look at GRAMM
http://reco3.musc.edu/gramm/

Hope this helps,

Claude

Claude Aflalo ######################## Phones: Office 972-7-6472118 ####
Dept. of Life Sciences				Lab   972-7-6472119
Ben Gurion University of the Negev		Fax   972-7-6472890
P.O.Box 653				email: aflaloc at bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Beer Sheva 84105 Israel	      URL: http://www.bgu.ac.il/life/aflalo.html