Quanta-InsightII

Kurt Hoffmann kurt at bio1.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 23 19:58:31 EST 1998

Can someone help me in order to make the right choice between
two Software packages from MSI (http://www.msi.com/).
They offer the Quanta software package as well as the
InsightII package.  The Quanta package contains some tools
which are also included in the insightII package (i.e. Charmm).
The modules of the Insight package are more numerous, but
I think that the software is licensed by module.
Therefor I'm wondering what the reasons are for this?
Are the main interfaces of different quality?
Are there differences in prices?
Is this due to legal reasons after a merger between software companies?
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Kurt