Configuration R- and S- labeling problem

kaynjay at kaynjay at
Tue Mar 23 11:38:19 EST 1999

It would help to include the structure of the molecule in your question.

I can't help you with Insight, but could certainly check your assignment.

Dr. Kenward Vaughan
Professor of Chemistry
Bakersfield College
kvaughan at

In <Pine.LNX.4.10.9903231305550.7983-100000 at>, on
   at 05:11 AM, porn at ATC.ATCCU.CHULA.AC.TH said:

>  We have a problem for calling the enantimeric configuration of a chiral
>carbon of our molecule. Incidentally, Insight II denotes what we would call
>S-emantiomer as R (!). And even more strangely, as soon as this molecule
>has been protonated, it now denotes this same enantiomer as S. Who can
>explain this?

kaynjay at

A flying saucer results when a nudist spills his coffee.