NMR + diffraction in PDB

Christian Lowe c.lowe at chem.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Nov 12 09:23:07 EST 1999

Per Kaellblad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for proteins (PDB entries) that have been determined
> structurally using both NMR and diffraction methods. The proteins
> should ideally be the same but a high sequence identity will do.
>
> The current 3DBbrowser doesn't enable this kind of search and it seems
> somewhat elaborate to get around it. If anyone know of a published list of
> such proteins, or an easy way of getting such a list, I would be very
> grateful to hear about it.
>
> Thanks
> Per Kallblad
>
>  Drug Design Group                     Email:    pk215 at cam.ac.uk
>  Department of Pharmacology            Phone:    +44 1223 331982
>  University of Cambridge               Fax       +44 1223 331740
>  Tennis Court Road                     CAMBRIDGE CB2 1QJ      UK

Hi Per Kaellblad,

another protien that has been charachterised by NMR and x ray crystalography
are the cytochrome c 550 of thiobacillus denitrificans(also known as
Parracoccus denitrificans) (characterised by xray crystalography) and
cytochrome c550 of paracoccus versutus (characterised by nmr). although they
are of diferent origins, the share around 88% sequence homology.
i hope this is of some use to you
chris