workstation suited for molecular modeling

Katherine kathNOkaSPAM at
Fri May 5 10:35:16 EST 2000

>I am going to perchase a workstations for population genetics
analysis with the package
>POINTER (run on UNIX). But my boss said this workstation should
be able to perform most
>used molecular modeling programs and GCG sequence search with
inhouse database in the
>near future. Since I am not familiar in these fields, I'd like
to ask what should I buy.

I agree to Bent who wrote that "on a smaller budget, your best
choice is probably getting a high-end PC and using WhatIf
( and Modeller

with the only remark that Tripos had developed a molecule
modeling software for PC which performs the real-time graphics.
For example, I have Pentium II (64Mb RAM) and the graphics run

To learn more about this peace of software, visit

* Sent from RemarQ The Internet's Discussion Network *