Software question

Felipe Pineda pineda at imb-jena.de
Thu Nov 2 03:41:32 EST 2000

hi Anne!

why don't try JUMNA? ->

JUMNA (Junction Minimisation of Nucleic Acids). R. Lavery, K. Zakrzewska
and H. Sklenar Computer Physics Communications 91 (1995) 135-158.

there is no graphical interface but u can easily generate pdb files wich
can be visualized e.g. with rasmol, ...

best regards

felipe

Anne Simonson wrote:

> Hello,
> I wonder if anyone can direct me to some software that can be used to
> visualize, manipulate and render PDB files of RNA structures? I am
> looking for something with the following features:
> 1) Able to build up RNAs de novo, as well as manipulate existing PDB
> files.
> 2) Structures can be rendered in ribbons, CPK or other representations.
> 3) Runs on DEC Alpha workstation (running Compaq Tru64 Unix), or
> possibly SGI workstation.
> I have used the InsightII suite on an SGI, but it seems more geared
> toward modelling of proteins.
> Any suggestions would be helpful, as I am quite new to this field.
> Thank you,
> Anne Simonson
> asimonso at ucla.edu

* Felipe Pineda,PhD                                                  *
* Institut fuer Molekulare Biotechnologie                            *
* AG Theoretische Biophysik                                          *
* Beutenbergstrasse 11, Jena                Vox: +49-3641-65-6491    *
* Postfach 100 813, D-07708 Jena, Germany   Fax:            -6495    *
*                  web:  www.imb-jena.de/~pineda                     *
* DISCLAIMER: Unless indicated otherwise, everything in this note is *
* my personal opinion, not an official statement of my employer      *