Making movies of models

Ethan A Merritt merritt at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 9 16:48:59 EST 2001

In article <rpg14-30C444.15540909022001 at nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk>,
Richard P. Grant <rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>(just realized that the subject line sounds dodgy - never mind (-: )
>
>It is possible to make 'rotating movies' of structural models by
>rendering an orientation iteratively and then importing all the single
>images into Quicktime Pro.  Is there an easier way?  Would POVRay's
>'animation' feature help?

Here's an on-line version of instructions for animation using
Molscript+Raster3D+MPEG

    http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/html/r3d_animation.html

and here's an example of a short clip prepared (by me) in such a fashion

    http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/people/merritt/animation/movie.mpeg

another example by more experienced movie-makers

    http://bio.chemie.uni-freiburg.de/ak_movie/

    			have fun,

				Ethan A Merritt
				merritt at u.washington.edu