Seeking Immediate Assistance

Mr. Tom Kalu tomkalu2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 17:04:09 EST 2002

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am the Director of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance Department of the ECO BANK OF AFRICA LAGOS, NIGERIA. I am writing this  following the impressive information about you. I have the assurance that you
are capable and reliable enough to champion an impending transaction. In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of US$18.5m (Eighteen  Million and five hundred thousand US dollars), in an account that
belonged to one of our former customers who died along with his entire  family in a plane crash, in November 1999. Since we received the information  about his death, we have expected his next of kin to come forward and
claim his money, as enshrined in our banking laws and regulations. So far nobody has come forward, and we cannot release the funds unless someone applies as the next of kin as stipulated in our guidelines.
Unfortunately, we have discovered that all his supposed next of kin or relations died alongside with him in the plane crash, and thereby leaving nobody behind in Nigeria for the claim. It is consequent upon this discovery that I and some of my close associates in my department decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation of the deceased person. Since nobody has come forward for it and the money is not reverted into the bank's treasury as unclaimed, we have therefore perfected all modalities to transfer this money into your bank account using your information as the next of kin. The bank's regulation stipulates that if after five years, such
money remains unclaimed; the money will be reverted to the bank's treasury as unclaimed fund.
The request for a foreigner as the next of kin in this transaction is predicated upon the fact that the said customer was a foreign national, and no citizen of this country can claim to be the next of kin of a  foreigner.
To enable us effect this remittance, you must first apply as the next of kin of the deceased. Upon the receipt of your response, I will send to you the text of the application. I must not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free as we have all the necessary information concerning the account in question and the late owner.
My colleagues and I have agreed that 15% of the total sum we be given to you for your assistance in facilitating this transaction and 10% will be set aside for the expenses that we may incur in facilitating the remittance, while 75% will be for me and my colleagues.
Your prompt response will be highly appreciated to enable us proceed immediately with this transaction as time is of great essence. Thanking you for your anticipated cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Tom Kalu.

---