[Molecular-modelling] ITD-Modelling

Torsten Stauder stauder at ts-cs.de
Tue Jul 4 06:42:11 EST 2006

Hello mailing-list!

Actually I'm about to create a model of a tyrosine-receptor-kinase
(named FLT3 - pdb-code: 1rjb). However, the problem is that I have to
model a mutation of this receptor. A point mutation would be easy to
handle, but in my case the receptor contains a so called "internal
tandem duplication" which is an insert whose length is ~13-30 amino
acids at a specific point. The inserted sequence is out of the same
exon, so the native structure of this sequence within the wild type is

Example (just to illustrate!):

wild type:

XXXXXXXXXXaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYYYYYYYYYY    (a = itd)

Any suggestions how to model such a ITD-sequence into a wild type

Thanks so far.