[Molecular-modelling] Re: Database for protein folded structures

Andreas Baumgartner via molmodel%40net.bio.net (by andax At bluemail.ch)
Wed Nov 15 21:12:59 EST 2006

hi sushilee

Have you tried a boolean metasearch like, for example, this one?

http://www.etools.ch/searchSubmit.do?query=database+%28folded+OR+folding+OR+fold%29+%28structures+OR+structure%29+of+%28proteins+OR+protein%29+%28halfway+OR+partial+OR+partially+OR+particularly+OR+particulate+OR+partly+OR+partway+OR+part-way+OR+%28in+part%29%29&logic=AND&timeout=8000&country=web&language=all

I had a eye on it, but i didn't find something yet. Anyway, in my humble opinion your are a bit brief. Maybe a database like SIMAP can help you?
SIMAP is a public database containing the similarity space formed by about all amino-acid sequences from public databases and completely sequenced genomes.

http://mips.gsf.de/simap/

Andreas