How to arrest cell growth/metabolism w/out changing morphology?

Mark Marten martenm at
Sat Nov 6 16:23:14 EST 1993

I am working with a strain of Trichoderma reesei which produces
large quantities of cellulase. I am interested in the rheology of
these suspensions and how cell concentration and morphology effects

Does anyone know of a way to arrest both growth and metabolism
while not effecting mycelial morphology? I would like to take samples
from fermentations and analyze the rheology of these samples at a later
Mark R. Marten
Chemical Engineering
North Carolina State Univesity
Raleigh, NC 27695-7905