Are wild mushrooms a radiation hazard in Europe?

Mark Magennis mark3 at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 07:26:21 EST 1993

I like to pick wild edible mushrooms in Scotland but a friend has suggested
that, since the Chernobyl nuclear accident, the radiation levels in wild
mushrooms are unsafe.

Not wanting to get cancer or stop eating delicious wild mushrooms, I need
some information about this. Anyone know about the radiation levels in
different parts of the UK and Europe?

Thanks, Mark

Mark Magennis                             email: mark3 at dcs.glasgow.ac.uk
Dept. of Computing Science                  fax: (44) 041 330 4913
The University, Glasgow                     tel: (44) 041 339 8855 X8333
G12 8QQ  UK