Oyster Mushroom Reaction

aphrk at Msu.oscs.montana.edu aphrk at Msu.oscs.montana.edu
Wed Oct 13 10:02:48 EST 1993


Hello:  I had a friend who ate a few "tree oyster mushrooms" raw and
had a bad experience after ten minutes... vomiting, itching ears and
throat, a feeling of "spaciness" etc.  She went to the hospital where
the docs gave her a shot of antihistimine.  

My question is... Though I suspect wild mushrooms are not meant to be
eaten raw, was this a common response?  an allergic response? etc.

Sorry, I do not have the latin name of the mushroom...bummer, eh?

Thanks,  Robyn Klein



More information about the Mycology mailing list