Oyster Mushroom Reaction

Eric B Peterson do377 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Mon Oct 18 09:45:03 EST 1993


I agree with Sanford Silverman (article above).  One should
always try just a little when eating a new mushroom.  I have
tried several species with no problems but when I tried the 
honey mushroom (Armillaria mellea) I ended up with stomach
cramps.  Fortunately I had only eaten two bites so my reaction
was not severe.  This was a personal reaction, this mushroom
is not toxic to most people.
-- 
***Doing strange things in the name of art AND science...         
Eric B. Peterson (Ick)            :?  petersone at axe.humboldt.edu
895 7th Street                    :)  Ickster at garbo.uwasa.fi   
Arcata CA 95521    (707)822-0213  %|  do377 at cleveland.freenet.edu



More information about the Mycology mailing list