Does anyone know what/who MYCONET is?

Nathan J. Wilson nathan at cse.ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 16 00:37:07 EST 1993

Our local fungus group just got a subscription notice for what looks
like a new BBS called MYCONET.  The weird thing is that it is
apparently being run out of Campbell, Ca (which I pass on my way to
work), but I have no idea who is setting it up.  The subscription
notice is a little weird in that it has no human names, and says that
a modest subscription fee would be required, but doesn't say what the
amount is.

Any clues?
         Nathan Wilson         <_________>
      nathan at cse.ucsc.edu          |_|        It is no dream!
      Co-Science Advisor          /___\    Matsutake are growing
   Minister of Local Forays        | |        On the belly of the mountain.
Fungus Federation of Santa Cruz    \_/ *83--                -Shigetaka