Slime mold stalk cells

tkim tkim at
Fri Apr 8 05:01:55 EST 1994

I am very curious to find out when do the stalk cells of Dictyostelium
discoideum die. I have been browsing through various books and
journals, but couldn't find anything in terms of the stalk cell death
and histochemical and ultrastructural observation of stalk cells along
with the release of cellulose and cytoplasm.

Can anyone help me with this question of when the stalk cells actually

I'd appreciate any information regarding this matter. Thank you for
your time!

Tae Hoon Kim
tkim at