F.oxysporum_codon_usage

Doug Rhoads DRHOADS at MERCURY.UARK.EDU
Tue Apr 26 07:29:01 EST 1994

>To:             mycology at net.bio.net
>From:           marek at pclsp2.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Marek Tchorzewski)
>Subject:        F.oxysporum_codon_usage
>Date sent:      26 Apr 1994 01:24:13 -0700

>Hello Netters,
>
>    Since I am designing primers for PCR base on amino acid
>sequences, I would like to get some information about codon
>usage from Fusarium oxysporum.
>Does anybody out there have something like that or can point me
>out in right direction.
>Ones I have heard about codon usage database, is that true?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Marek

If you are unable to get a pre-canned codon bias table for F.o. you might
consider getting a copy of SEQAID- a freeware DNA analysis program-
available on many popular Mo.Bi. software servers.  Then all you need
are any of the known coding sequences from F.o.  You can then use
SEQAID to build a codon bias table.  The table can be viewed, printed
or used to analyze anonymous sequences for coding potential.

Doug Rhoads                  || Dept. of Biological Sciences
drhoads at mercury.uark.edu     || 601 Science Engineering
drhoads at uafsysb.uark.edu     || University of Arkansas
501-575-3251                 || Fayetteville, AR 72701