Alternaria and others

Rebecca Cornelius rcorneli at mihi.une.edu.au
Tue Aug 9 20:01:33 EST 1994

I am currently researching into bacterial resistance into tenuazonic acid - a
mycotoxin produced by Alternaria alternata, several other species of Alternaria,
Pyrcularia oryzae (which causes rice blast) and Phoma sorghina which affects
other grain crops.

Apart from sythesizing the toxin I was wondering if anyone could tell my of any
other similarities between these fungi. I have a very basic understanding of
mycology and am particularly interested in any morphological similarities.
Thanks!

Bec Cornelius
Dept. Biochemistry, Microbiology and Nutrition
University of New England
Armidale
N.S.W.  2351
Australia