Bionet.mycology: mushroom-hunting, recepies etc?

Peter Herman x5495 rpeter at nmsu.edu
Mon Aug 22 12:02:15 EST 1994

In article <339ip9$e5d at smtp.tele.fi> Kari Tuovinen <kjt at groucho.sti.fi> writes:
>Let's not split the group as of yet, because the volume is still
>very low. The current volume simply does not justify the establising
>of another group. Also this scientific basis of fine for laymen to
>learn something new.

I agree that this is true.  One thing I would like to add though is a
request about headers.  Thusfar posters have been good at clearly
identifying colleting/forey/cooking topics in the header line.  As
long as this continues, there should bee no problem in keeping all
mycological topics in this group.  I am one of those people who does
mycology (microbial ecology and ecophysiology) for a living but who
is an enthusiastic eater and occasional collector of mushrooms!
Naturally, I am pleased to see both areas here.

rpeter at nmsu.edu
R. Peter Herman
Biology, NM State UNiv