Bionet.mycology: mushroom-hunting, recepies etc?

Michael Freitag freitag at ADMIN.OGI.EDU
Mon Aug 22 15:49:47 EST 1994

> The Mycology Newsgroup was originally set up by mycologists and fungal
> geneticists to facilitate exchange of scientific information about the
> fungi.  Of course, lay mushroom hunters and other enthusiasts are welcome
> to "listen in" and contribute scientific comments and questions.  However,
> if you would like have a discussion group centered around mushroom
> collecting, recipes etc, I think it would best be set up as a separate
> newsgroup.
>
> What do others who use the Mycology newsgroup think?

I agree with Brett.  Also, it seemed to me (judging from some of the
hunting' newsgroup somewhere on the net.  Although I am myself a mushroom
hunter and gatherer and decidedly boletivore, I'd appreciate more science
and less foray in this group.

Michael Freitag
OGI
Portland, Ore.