Free Syllabus magazine subscription

Leonard Breaux lbreaux at cscns.com
Thu Aug 25 15:22:04 EST 1994

Syllabus Press (syllabus at netcom.com) wrote:
: Educators are qualified to receive Syllabus magazine 9 times per year FREE!

: Syllabus ÑThe Definitive Technology Magazine for Colleges,
: Universities, and High Schools.

: Nobody covers technology in education like Syllabus. Nine times a year,
: from September through June, Syllabus bring you a wealth of information,
: including valuable tips on multimedia, the Internet, distance education,
: quantitative tools, products, and educational discounts.  Learn what
: different educators, researchers, and institutions are doing with a
: variety of technologies such as computers, video, telecommunications, and
: multimedia.

: In 1994-1995 Syllabus will have special feature issues such as software
: products for the curriculum, mobile technologies, the Internet and
: education, and video technologies.  Also, donÕt miss our special
: supplements such as Windows on Campus and Computer Science Product
: Companion.

: To have Syllabus delivered free to your home or office, nine times a year,
: please be sure to completely fill out the information on the form below
: and e-mail to syllabus at netcom.com or US mail to:

: Syllabus Subscription Services
: 1307 S. Mary Ave., Suite #211
: Sunnyvale, CA 94087

: To help us better serve the needs of readers, please answer all of the
: following
: questions:

: xo Yes, I want a FREE subscription to Syllabus.*
: o No, I do not wish to subscribe at this time.

: Name	_Leonard Breaux__________________________________________________

: Title___Laboratory
supervisor_________________________________________________

: Institution _Inscription House
Health Center____________________________________________

: _________________________________________________________

: Address ___P.O.Box 7397______________________________________________

: City__Shonto___________________ State _AZ______ Zip 86054________ - ______

: Telephone Number (602____) 672-2830
ext-231__________________________________

: All questions must be answered to qualify for a free subscription.

: 1. Please tell us about where your work. (select only one)
: (1) o 2-year college
: (2) o 4-year college or university
: (3) o Vocational/technical college
: (4) o High school
: (5) o School district
: (6) xo Other organization involved in educational technology

: _____Medical Technology
Clicical Science
Laboratory____________________________________________________ :
(please specify)

: 2. Please tell us about your work. (select only one)

: Higher Education Faculty Members
: (a) o Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences
: (b) o Business
: (c) o Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics
: (d) xo Science/Medicine
: (e) o Other Discipline

: _________________________________________________________
: (please specify)

: (f) o Library
: (g) o Department Chair Technology
: Technology
: (h) o Administrative computing/MIS
: (i) o Academic computing/technology
: (j) o Campus reseller
: (k) o Computer support
: (l) o Other

: _________________________________________________________
: (please specify)

: Administrative
: (m) o Administrative staff
: (n) o Executive officer/Director
: (o) o Dean
: (p) o Purchasing personnel
: (q) xo Other

: _______Laboratory General
Supervisor__________________________________________________ : (please
specify)

: High Schools and School Districts
: (r) o Computer coordinator
: (s) o Computer lab supervisor
: (t) o Other technology function

: _________________________________________________________
: (please specify)

: (u) o Department chair
: (v) o Media
: (w) o District level administration
: (x) o High school teacher

:  _________________________________________________________
: (discipline)

: 3. What type of desktop computers do you currently use in your
: institution?(check all that apply)
: (1) xo IBM or compatible
: (2) o Macintosh
: (3) o Workstation
: (4) o Other

: _________________________________________________________
: (plea;ép__
÷P>%\òÛübse specify)

: 4. What type of operating system do you use? (check all that apply)
: (1) xo  Windows v3.xx
: (2) o  Mac System 7.xx
: (3) xo  MS DOS
: (4) o  UNIX
: (5) o  Other

: _________________________________________________________
: (please specify)

: 5. 	Which of the following technology products or	equipment are you
: involved in purchasing? (check all that apply)
:
: (A) xo  Productivity software
: (B) o  Multimedia software
: (C) xo  Utility software
: (D) xo  Math & statistics software
: (E) xo  Computer upgrades/expansion cards
: (F) o  Networking/communications software/hardware
: (G) o  Audio/visual hardware
: (H) o  Visualization/graphics products
: (I) xo  Educational content/information software
: (J) o  Personal/desktop computers
: (K) o  Printers
: (L) o  Laptop computers
: (M) o  Workstations
: (N) o  Simulation software
: (O) o  Scanners
: (P) o  Disk drives/memory storage units
: (Q) o  Classroom presentation software
: (R) o  Monitors & projection devices
: (S) o  CD-ROM

: Signature required

: (not valid without signature)