Commercializing the net

larsont at rnisd0.DNET.roche.com larsont at rnisd0.DNET.roche.com
Thu Aug 25 15:43:28 EST 1994

A recent posting by David Jacobson reads:

I welcome all people who wish to participate on this network, especially
someone with the expertise and knowledge of Mr. Paul Stamets.  However, I do
not think the net is an appropriate place for advertising or marketing one's
commercial ventures.

Mr Stamets, please contribute to this bulletin board with the spirit of
openness with which it was established and please refrain from advertising
your business.  Thank you and welcome to this lively discussion of mycology.

David Jacobson
Michigan State University
djjacob at msu.edu

Since there were several postings asking specifically about Mr. Stamets'
services, products, and literature, I see nothing wrong with his
postings.  Any way, in case you haven't seen the latest issue of "Science,"
the Net is going commercial whether you like it or not (Science 265 (1994),
879 - 81).

By the way, I've used some of Fungi Perfecti's products and have found them
to be of excellent quality.

Thom Larson