A message to the bionet.mycology news group.

Gregory May gsmay at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Aug 29 13:52:19 EST 1994

As the moderators of the bionet.mycology news group we would like to make
the following requests.

1.   We encourage all participants of this news group to submit abstracts of
their manuscripts that were published in 1994 or are in press.  Be sure to
include relevant information about Journal, volume, etc. if available.

2.   We ask those making a request to the community, to post a summary of
the responses they get by email.  Related to this, we would like to have
everyone post their responses to the network.  This way everyone can follow
the discussion.  On occasion there are times when one would like to know the
answer to a question as a point of information.  Your responses to questions
can thus be of great help to other readers.

3.  Be sure that every entry onto the newsgroup includes your email address
to allow easy responses.

In an effort to make this group a little friendlier to newcomers, we will
post at the first of each month a message that details how one can
participate fully in the group.  Questions about how one posts using email
and things of that nature will be in this posting.  Be patient as we put
this together.  We have taken this suggestion from Robert Brambl's posting.
If others have suggestions as to what information they think would be useful
please send one of us email or post a response to this message.

Greg May
gsmay at bcm.tmc.edu

Tom Adams
tom at bio.tamu.edu