Bionet.mycology: mushroom-hunting, recepies etc?

Eric G. Snyder ae924 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Tue Aug 30 05:58:37 EST 1994

In a previous article, rpeter at nmsu.edu (Peter Herman x5495) says:
>In article <339ip9$e5d at smtp.tele.fi> Kari Tuovinen <kjt at groucho.sti.fi> writes:

>>Let's not split the group as of yet, because the volume is still
>>very low. The current volume simply does not justify the establising
>>of another group. Also this scientific basis of fine for laymen to
>>learn something new.
>>
>I agree that this is true.  One thing I would like to add though is a
>request about headers.  Thusfar posters have been good at clearly
>identifying colleting/forey/cooking topics in the header line.  As
>long as this continues, there should bee no problem in keeping all
>mycological topics in this group.  I am one of those people who does
>mycology (microbial ecology and ecophysiology) for a living but who
>is an enthusiastic eater and occasional collector of mushrooms!
>Naturally, I am pleased to see both areas here.
>
>rpeter at nmsu.edu
>R. Peter Herman
>Biology, NM State UNiv

	I'm an enthusiastic eater/collector located in Ottawa, Canada.
	I hope that we continue to have the participation of people like
	Peter Herman (above).  Both perspectives are of value.  If the
	scientists don't mind the occasional bit of noise.

	Eric

--
  Eric Snyder - Ottawa, Canada                 : Internet training
    Targeted Communication Mgt               : Broadcast fax services