Cordyceps, Poria

Jessie Micales jmicales at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 19 17:41:11 EST 1994

>1) Has anyone been able to grow cordyceps on a  non-worm-casing medium.
>2) Has Poria been grown commercially?
>3  Have truffles been grown commercially?

>mgalatz at panix.com

I must be missing something. I do almost all my work with Postia (new name
for Poria) placenta.  The fruiting bodies I've always seen are appressed and
leathery in appearance.  Do people actually eat these things???  If so,
maybe I've found a commercial application for my research that will please
our administrators!  If you want some, I'll be happy to sell it to you!  |-)