dematiaceous fungi

Lester Pasarell ad727 at RGFN.EPCC.EDU
Fri Dec 23 13:01:01 EST 1994

    Date: Fri, 23 Dec 94

    Date: Fri, 23 Dec 94 10:53:48 MST
    From: ad727 (Lester Pasarell)
    To: moldgrower at aol
    Subject: Re: Dematiaceous fungi

    >I have isolated a black, slow-growing mold from a patient's eye.  I have
    >been unable to get it to sporulate and therefore cannot ID it.  Have sent
    >it to the State Dept of Health...also unable to ID it.  Anyone able to
    >help please send E mail to:
    >Moldgrower at aol . com
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Hi! We would be very happy to assist you in the identification of this or
    any other Dematiaceous fungus, Our Boss, Jefe or Patron is an expert in the
    field of clinically important dematiaceous hyphomycetes= Dr Michael R McGinnis
    you can send the culture to his attention or to my attention at:

    Medical Mycology Research Laboratory
    Center for Tropical Diseases
    Department of Pathology
    University of Texas Medical Branch