Mushroom Spore Question

Cory M Wisnia cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu
Fri Feb 4 13:01:32 EST 1994

Hello,
	My name is Andrea Williams I am 13 years old and in eighth grade.
I'm doing a project on mushrooms. I am mainly studying gilled mushrooms.
I know that mushrooms are fungi that grow in the rainy season. I know a
little more about mushrooms and their life cycle, but I do have a couple
of questions.
* When are the spores released?
* How are spores on mushrooms different?
* How do you tell the difference between types of spores?
* What are the different shapes and names?
	 I would really appreciate any helpful info. you could get back
to me!!!  I have been looking in books like "Mushrooms of American"
Audubon's " Field Guide to North American Mushrooms"  and "All that Rain
Promises and More",  but you don't understand the sections on how to tell
spore differences.   Thanks a lot !
	Sincerely,
		Andrea Williams

||     / \|/  \  CORY  WISNIA             ||
||     |(O)(O) | cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu ||
||     \  ×   /  MENDOCINO   CA           ||